So. It’s Monday. What’s going on here at the Chez?
* I’m doing revisions on Agent Zero, which has been bought but I don’t know what the end title will be. (Recent events have driven home that even titles are not in the author’s control. Sigh.) It will kick off a brand-new duology, one I’m having so much fun with it’s almost obscene.
* I have discovered that ripping CDs into one’s iTunes is strangely soothing, especially in the middle of a breakup where you don’t have the bandwidth to do serious work. Who knew?
* I am within spotting distance of finishing Rattlesnake Wind. It will be a relief to get that out of my head.
* Remember the Watcher series? There’s some exciting news coming up about that. *is mean and cruel for teasing*
* As I type this sentence, Odd Trundles is attempting to dominance-mount the Mad Tortie. This is having predictably loud and strange results.
* Now Miss B is chastising both of them. It’s a wonder I can hear myself think.
* …what was I saying?
* Oh, for God’s sake.
* Okay. They have finally collapsed to their corners to take naps. Did you know that in lots of places, the internet does go to sleep at night?
* Now things have calmed down a bit…I redid some number- and time-crunching yesterday, and the result was thought-provoking. It being fall and my productivity ramping up again (the rain, it makes me go go go), I am thinking of POSSIBLY doing a crowdfunding campaign for another Steelflower book. The drawbacks are that I would have to ask for a significant amount up-front, both to produce the paperback and “perks,” and also to make it worthwhile for me to fit it into a project slot. I am not so worried about myself, but the kids and dogs get a bit testy when they don’t eat. Frankly I’m not sure there’s enough of a fanbase for that book/series to make the crowdfunding for a reasonable advance feasible.
* I’ve dusted off my old last.fm profile, so if you want to see what I’m listening to while I write, head on over.
Oh, and did anyone else update to Yosemite this past week and start having network problems? Anyone? Bueller?