Ice is melting on my pant legs. I just worked these off and set them on the table.
Some things about running:
* Go as slowly as you need to.
* Be cautious–you are soft and squishy. Cars, pavement, and dirt are not.
* It will take a while for the runner’s high to get there. When it does, enjoy it.
* Each run is different.
* You will plateau. That’s okay. Your body’s just preparing for the next jump up.
* It’s not about speed, really. It’s about being able to evade the damn zombies.
* And outrun other nasty things.
* Five, ten, fifteen seconds to begin with? Good. You’ve got to start somewhere.
Lastly: let’s not give up, you and me. Let’s not ever, ever give up. Deal?