Things I found out this weekend:
* I don’t like Savoy cabbage in my sauerkraut. The texture’s just not for me. It’s kind of a relief to find a fermented cabbage I don’t like. Now I feel much younger.
* Odd Trundles thinks giant daffodil bulbs are for snacking. WTF, dog?
* Sleeping with the Mad Tortie in my hair leads to neck cramps, which leads to blinding headaches.
* My health insurance provider, not content with the $100/mo premium increase they slapped me with for 2013, are tacking another one on for 2014. Probably getting what they can before the ACA starts driving costs down for healthcare consumers.
* Costco does not stock large bottles of Midol. (You’d think they would.)
Last weekend also taught me that Thrift Shop Horror has completely changed how I view thrift stores.
There was the ceramic bulldog who did not seem sweet-tempered at all. Then there was the Lord of the Teddy-Bear Flies shelf. I could almost hear the drums in the jungle. Then a very macho duck.
A macho, SOUL-EATING duck.
I turned the corner and looked up, and had a sudden attack of indigestion. Beaming down upon me was…I don’t even know who. The beneficent gaze of the soul trapped behind glass in that cheap frame gave me what my grandmother would call “the singin’ willies.” While that may sound like an euphemism for a very athletic sexual endeavor, it is actually meant to describe a creepifying sensation that gives you cold gooseflesh. All over.
Oh, thrift stores. You complete me.