The drawing-back continues apace. The decompression is something fierce, let me tell you.
So, some random links!
* Murder By The Book is closing, which is very sad. If anyone out there wants to buy a bookstore, well, you’ve got a chance now.
* I couldn’t help but cheer at Agatha here. (I’m going to be going around muttering “I DO NOT NEED RESCUING” all day now. And giggling.)
* The irrepressible, brave, and awesome Danny Marks talks about creativity and depression.
About that last one…I have a post in mind about anxiety and my own creative process, and I’m not sure I want to write it. *is thoughtful*
* Apparently birds don’t have salivary glands, but squirrels do, and you can consequently put hot sauce on birdseed to keep squirrels out of it. I am…conflicted about trying this. On the one hand, the entertainment factor with Squirrel!Napoleon is HYOOOJ. On the other, well, it seems a cruel thing to do to a creature who’s simply struggling to survive and avoid Odd Trundles’s friendly advances.
* On the Odd Trundles front, yesterday he went to the vet. Bulldogs have amazing jaw strength, and Odd decided yesterday was the day to exercise it. On a can of squeezy-cheez. There were definite puncture marks, and the vet (a very nice lady who is utterly calm even in the midst of bloody crises, as I well know) blinked and said, “Well. He’s a snapper, isn’t he.” In Odd’s defense, he got several vaccine pokes and one intranasal vaccine. I really don’t blame him for deciding a can held down near the floor was fair game. I am, however, exceedingly grateful that the damn thing didn’t explode. Because knowing my luck, that would have happened.
In other news, I really need to buy milk today. It’s always something, and heaven knows the kidlings will have strong bones if they continue at this rate. I think we probably keep a dairy or two afloat all on our lonesome.
Over and out.